Tuesday, May 12, 2009

In search of the Sevenoaks 7

"Have you heard of the Sevenoaks 7?" says the Half Share yesterday morning.

Well I thought the Sevenoaks 7 was a murderous gang who preyed on innocent people, pummelling them into submission and leaving them for dead.

Well it isnt a bunch of blokes from Caravan County its a race in that fair county. A race up and down some stupid hills. Prey on innocent people, pummel them and leave them for dead? So, no change there then.

The Sevenoaks 7 is a silly event. It has too many hills and too many lumpy bits in the ground. And as far as I'm concerned, if you see even one of the Sevenoaks 7 - deck them.

So now you've heard it now from the zebra's mouth.

The only redeeming factor from this gruelling event was that I got a BP - yup my 1 hour 21 minute is the fastest 7 miler I've ever done - OK it might be the only one I've done, but lets not split beards eh?

Next week? Its off to do some sparring with me old muckers in France,

Keep on tapering.

Ron

No comments: