Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year Ronnettes

Well, well what a time of year it is.

The Half Share said that today should be a day of reflection so I stood in front of the mirror for ten minutes this afternoon - God knows what she was on about. Christmas in the Ron household was what you would expect from an elite athletes training camp - plenty of tubes, a Fray Bentos pie-fest on Boxing Day and two tins of Newberry Jelly Fruits.

Bliss.

I managed to get out for a little run on Boxing Day when I went out with the Old People of Hastings for a 4 or 5 mile cross country jaunt. Very pleasant and, without sounding patronising, it's always good to see old people and poor people enjoying themsleves - and if my presence improved their lot for just one hour over what must have been a hard Christmas for them then I feel satisfied. I've done my bit, if you like.

I start my elite athlete training for the London Marathon this weekend and it will need to be head down and focus for the first three months of the new year. And talking of New Year I know what a lot of you are thinking ... you're wondering what my New Year Revolutions are going to be aren't you? Well, Ronettes, here they are - my New Year Revolutions for 2011:

1. Ditch steak and kidney pies in 2011. They are no good for me, they make me pile on the pounds and they are very unhealthy. From now on its meat and potato.

2. Try to be a bit more patient with my fans - so long as they dont take up any more of my time.

3. I thought I might do a bit of charitable work or perhaps spend time with neglected and under-priveleged kids. That sounds like my kids - so I'll go and see them one day.

4. Start drinking Bacardi - it will provide work for poor people in Bacardi land.

5. Stop eating cheese - its cruel and the hens dont like it.

6. Try to hone my three pack body

7. To be more sensitive about the Half Share's feelings - particularly when she tries to cook.

See - I told you I still had the common touch!

Anyway, I must sort out my New Year programme now. I'll be the official celebrity starter at the Kent Christmas Cracker on Sunday and then I have my first competitive outing on the 16th with the Plumpton Classic.

So, to parrot phrase Val Doonican "Happy New Year".

Keep on tapering

Ron

No comments: