Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I know, I know!!

Finding the time to tell you all about my fantastic achievements in Indialand is proving a little difficult at the mo - but fear not Ronnettes I have not forgotten. I hope to have the next thrilling instalment here within the next 24 hours.

A few thousand of you have been worried in case something had happened to me - but as Ken Dodd would say "No - I'm fine".

My time in Indialand has been time well spent though - just wait whilst you hear how I've been doing on my own doorstop. Last week I was the Chief Celebrity Elite Athlete at the Poppy Half Marathon in Bexhill. This race is staged in Bexhill to give the people there something to look at in the winter. This year though - my did it rain. It wasn't just raining Cats and Horses, it was freezing cold as well. But I don't let a bit of weather come between me and a BP - I stormed round the course in 2 hours 8 minutes and a few seconds to record my fastest half marathon time since March 2007. Impressive Mange Tout?

I am also keeping up my gruelling training regime and last week maintained my focus on building up my strength, concentrating on speed work, warming up properly, cooling down, stretching and eating less kebabs. Well on Sunday it was quite a big day for me as I popped down to the City of Filth and Needles for the Brighton 10K. Organised by people who are obviously still learning how to organise booze-ups in breweries the race was a bit of a shambles with no water and a few other basics missing. However ... my time was a stunning 56.06 and I haven't run that quick since February 2007. So, at the moment I'm running like the ... like ... well like a man who runs. I'm coming into form at just the right time too.

In fact I don't mind admitting that as I crossed the line to huge applause from the strange people of Brighton, I couldn't help breaking into a bit of a smile. Then a little bit of wee came out so I had to dash away quickly. But the large crowd acknowledged what was a fabulous run for me.

Coming up soon I'm at the Crowborough 10K next week and then popping up to Caravan County to be the elite athlete at the Swanley Christmas Caper. I'll also be the guest celebrity starter at a couple of Christmas events.

Life is good when you're a top athlete eh?

Keep on tapering.

Ron

No comments: