Saturday, February 17, 2007

You have to go backwards to know what forwards feels like!

Well what an eventful week for this kiddie!

I started the week feeling a tad tender after my efforts in Dover last Sunday so I popped down to the local gym on Tuesday for a session of anal crunches and groin thrusts. The young fillies have some sort of shouting class on Tuesday evening and I often position myself close to their class to have a butchers. And I'm sure they appreciate me going through my extensive routine so close to them so they can watch me and, perhaps learn something. And, let's face it, some of them might be better off following the old Ron routine rather than wasting their time doing their silly dance things. They spend 45 minutes getting ready - designer kex, shoes, t-shirt and headband, tight little shorts – and then, of course, they have to tie their coat round their waist and then prance around for half an hour to old Bee Gees songs before sitting down for a thousand calories worth of Weight Watchers Puddings and Cakes. And the day one of them breaks sweat is the day I'll put the old leotard on myself too!

Anyway, the week has gone very much south for me since Tuesday. I've spent an agreeable - and eventful - couple of days in Brussels and I'd decided that after my gruelling training and dietary effort of the first few weeks of the year, this old kiddie deserved a break. So, I spent two days eating and drinking - and, well I carried on where I left off as soon as the old Eurostar hit Britain. So, my training for tomorrow's piddling 10K in Ashford has, to be honest, been non-existent. So my strategy is to treat tomorrow as a bit of an 'ease back into it' event. I should be able to complete the course in under 54 minutes - but twixt you and I this kiddie will be hammering away trying to get as close to 52 minutes as I can. But who knows? Maybe the excesses of the week will take their toll?

Then, after a decent spot of re-hydration with some members of my fan club in the afternoon and a decent kip in front of the footie I'll be ready to face the regime once again next week. I've a hard week of good behaviour - and on Tuesday I'm due to complete a 16 mile run as part of my marathon training. Then, on Sunday it's off to Livingstone's Pit and a stab at the Roding Valley Half Marathon in North London.

But whilst my week has been less than brilliant training-wise, I've had some news off the track. First of all my chum Seb Coe has endorsed my quest for Olympic Gold - and I'll stick a copy of his letter (personally signed, mind you) here for you to see. But whilst it's great that his Seb-ship has taken the trouble to personally acknowledge my journey to bring home the Olympic bacon, there is a sting in the tail of his letter.

He's not accepted my entry!

But this potentially devastating state of affairs ain't going to put this kiddie off! But you know I would have thought it would be in their interests to accept entries now - can you imagine the chaos there's going to be in 2012 if they're planning on accepting entries on the day? And surely the Olympic movement can't be that hard up it needs the extra £2 for on the day entries? Anyway, I'm grateful to him for at least endorsing my Olympic struggle.

I've also had a response from the Sports Minister regarding my offer to become an Olympic Ambassador for the country. Unfortunately it’s not from the man himself but from one of his numpties. However he does sign off by saying he looks forward to seeing me standing proudly on the podium! At last he knows where I’m headed.

So that's another supporter in high places in the bag and you can see his letter here shortly.

Still no response from my media adviser Max Clifford or from Sue Barker regarding my offer to take over from Ali McBeal on Question of Sport - but there’s time yet. I'm currently in the process of putting my sponsorship proposal together and drawing up a shortlist of potential Official Ron Partners - and I'm also studying the form book to check out a couple of potential media partner - but more news on this soon.

For now it's relax, put my feet up and an early start for Caravan County in the morning. I'll let you know how I get on.

Keep on tapering.

Ron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Numpty comment. Appreciate it very much...