Saturday, April 21, 2007

24 hours from now ...

Just a quick update on your favourite Olympic Gold Medal kiddie.

It's less than 24 hours to go before my practice attempt at the 2012 Marathon route. It will be a quiet intimate run with just myself and 35,000 other runners at this, the World's favourite marathon. Speaking to organisers yesterday I was pleased to see that my appearance has boosted the number of spectators anticpated to line the route - half a million plus should be there to cheer me on.

How do I feel?

Well, to be honest, I'm dobbing myself. Fear is all part of the mental battle though and you can rest assured that I'll be doing my all - and I'll be thinking about you on my way around. I'll especially be thinking of my Ronettes who live a long way away in a place called Canadialand who, apparently, have still got snow. Here - well the weather numptie is promising 24 degrees and high humidity.

Brilliant.

Anyway, I thought you might appreciate a couple of pics that were taken of me by the paparazzi in Paris last weekend and London yesterday.

Keep on tapering.

Ron.



Ron - trying to avoid the photographer



Ron looking at a replica of Blackpool Tower



Ron signing on for his practice shot at the 2012 marathon.

No comments: