Monday, April 09, 2007

This is my world

As promised by your man here, I've taken a few photos of my regular training run.

So, there'll be no more of those "What planet do you live on?" questions.

OK?

This is a field full of yellow flower-like stuff which produces oil into which we cook our chips.



This is a field.



To those of you in foreign countries, this is proper grass.



The Water Jump.



This is a part of our off-road circuit.



Nothing can beat a sunny day and the Sussex countryside - the perfect combination for a hard-working elite Olympic athlete.



An old house - probably built before we civilised America.



The home stretch.



Ron's eggs come from here.



It's another sunny day here at Ron Towers and your man here has woke with a couple of twinges in my right leg. With the London marathon being an important part of my Olympic build-up, it's vital that I bowl up for that event in tip-top condition. So, although it means letting down hundreds of my fans, today's personal appearance at a piddling 10K in Lewes has had to be cancelled.

Next up is two weeks of rest and carbo-loading. I'm popping down to Paris to gloat at the French this coming weekend and then I've got a training nightmare with trips to Birmingham, Frankfurt and Dorchester to squeeze in before the big race.

Never mind - this is the kind of challenge I relish!

Keep on tapering.

Ron.

1 comment: